Aspire4U is hosting a series of training workshops: bid writing and funding, leading with our mindset approach.
Many people think only good ideas get funded so the other applications must have been bad. This is not true. There is a lot more to it. We’re here to help people understand how funding for social enterprises and community organisations works.
Our series of mindset-led programmes are designed to enhance your chances to deliver competitive and higher quality bids for grants.
Our experiential learning based workshops put you in the room with proven bid writers, project planners, and funders (advanced courses only) to get the best insights into developing a bid you can feel proud of and confident submitting.
Our content will improve your confidence and enhance your awareness of the right bids for your circumstances.
This workshop covers the basics you need to understand about the mindset for developing bids. And also the mindset of the opportunity giver (the funder/assessor). This introductory level workshop consists of four modules.
- Overcome the fears – Our content aims to help develop your mindset to overcome fears, challenges and anxieties in applying for bids. For example, we will help you understand how to afford the time to submit bids regularly and with frequency.
- Turn ideas into bids – We help you organise your thoughts and ideas into bids that help funders understand your value and impact.
- Mindset of a funder – Understand how funding opportunities work and how funders assess applications.
- Building trust with funders – Learn the key factors that reduce rejection and build trust between you and a funder.
Who should attend?
Understanding Funding & The Mindset of Funders (BASICS) is an introductory course providing key principles to those who would like to write successful grant and funding proposals.
– Board members or trustees of charities, volunteers, schools, associations or non-profit organisations writing their own bids, to grow their grant income.
– Bid writers and partnership managers looking for a refresher or confidence boost.
– Social enterprises in need of mindset based guidance and practical advice to improve grant submissions.
– Self-trained bid writers that value professional development.
– Leadership teams that need to understand what their bid writer does or need ways to motivate them.
Still not sure if this is for you? Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you understand what you will need. In addition full day and two day courses available for those seeking in-depth technical training and development.
– Early bird: £12
– Standard: £22
Our team will give their strongest intel and also insights into successful bids for grants. In fact, we pool a range of knowledge in bid writing by professionals who have won grants for social enterprises, local authorities and community-led initiatives. Our partners combined, have experience of raising over £1m in grants and investment capital too.
Our team includes experienced bid developers that have considerable practice in bid development. Aspire4U helps organisations with project management, business development, as well as delivering activities in communities. Although bid development is a small part of our practice, we also write bids for individuals and community groups, yielding over £106,000 in grant funding and another £40,000 in sponsorship opportunities for organisations over the last 24 months.
We also work to find effective and proven people in your community to help share good practice.
For example, one of our many partners include Lynn from Beat It Percussion who raised over £150,000 in funding support to reach elderly people with dementia over the last 2 years (Sandwell, Birmingham and Herefordshire).
Also there is Ian from Fortuna who helped raise £1.8m from the Home Office for West Midlands interventions for safer communities.
And finally: Andrew, another Institute of Fundraising qualified specialist in raising funds for charities and sports initiatives.
Furthermore, on this initiative other partners include specialists in creative arts funding, crime & violence reduction, media & technology, homelessness, environmental funding, sports, education, youth engagement, employment, poverty prevention, ageing, heritage and building acquisition besides.
So if you are interested in training workshops: bid writing and funding with a mindset approach: