Simmer Down Festival 2017 is looking for volunteers to help make sure the festival runs smoothly and everyone has a great time. The Reggae and World Music festival is free and open to all, and has a range of acts across two stages and a belly-bursting variety of food to taste. This year, Simmer Down Festival will be headlined by internationally acclaimed Jamaican Reggae artist Freddie McGregor, so is expecting a large number of people to attend.
If you are presentable, pleasant and able to communicate well, then you are the perfect person to help make this festival a success. By spending some time supporting the festival, you can:
- enjoy the music and food with a free food voucher
- get proper training
- experience the behind-the-scenes action of running a festival.
On top, volunteering with Simmer Down offers a possible chance to meet the artists backstage!
- Attending 1 of the 3 training sessions prior to the event (details below)
- Supervising entrances and exits
- Providing wristbands to parents
- Providing assistance to festival goers (directions, helping parents with children, etc.)
- Moving and loading equipment
- Supporting events team with various tasks.
If you will be over 18 by Sunday 23rd July and want to support this event to be the best ever, sign up now!
Email: email@example.com for an application pack
Training sessions will take place at 11am on Monday 10th July and at 2pm and 6pm on Monday 17th July, at Handsworth Leisure Centre.
From Aspire4U CIC,
The Mindset Lead Organisation
Click here to read more of our blogs.
We are a not for profit community engagement organisation that uses the arts to develop mindsets towards well-being, financial literacy, & employability.
Get Involved! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss our current opportunities.