Project Manager with Communications (Client & Community Facing)
We are looking for an experienced and organised Project Manager to join our Company to generate and deliver a variety of project work, especially for our Youth Programme. You will have full accountability and responsibility for managing and delivery of project works.
You will plan, manage and successfully deliver projects to time, quality and budget targets. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of internal team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects. Responsible for managing the whole project lifecycle, including defining the project’s objectives and overseeing quality control. The type of projects will include managing projects around research, business development and training portfolios
Energetic and forward-thinking individuals are needed to support a young team of diverse and talented colleagues. We welcome and encourage applications from a diversity of backgrounds.
What will you be doing?
- Looking after our research, business development, bid development, and training portfolios.
- Manage project delivery throughout the project lifecycle in accordance with the project delivery framework. Take projects from initial conception to planning and infrastructure, day-to-day running/management, and reporting/closing.
- Build relationships internally and externally.
- Work directly with young people. Manage and motivate project team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work. Oversee the team, delegate tasks and manage productivity.
- Identify the appropriate delivery model and tailor the delivery framework (where appropriate) considering the scope, complexity and risk profile of the project.
- Define project scope, objectives and deliverables that support business goals, in collaboration with funders and senior team members.
- Define project success/acceptance criteria and ensure they are achieved.
- Develop and track project plans, identifying activities, milestones and dependencies.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and other stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver relevant project reporting and associated documentation.
- Define the appropriate reporting needed from Project Team Members.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project lessons learned sessions and produce appropriate documentation.
- Develop presentations, contribute to content, develop email promo and build reports in a visually appealing way.
- Support internal and external communications.
Full time – 40 hours p/w
Salary rate: £26,000- £29,000
Term: Fixed 1-year contract
6-month probationary period
Flexible/hybrid working between office and at home.
What knowledge and experience will I need?
Education and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification
Experience of working in the third sector
Experience in a leadership role
- Strong project management experience in complex agile environments with a proven track record of delivery to time, cost and quality parameters
Understanding of non-profit/third sector operations
Knowledge of safeguarding
- Excellent ICT skills, specifically Google Sheets and Documents
- Ability to manage workload and meet deadlines
- Friendly and approachable
- An open mindset and willingness to try new ways of working
- Passionate about and tuned into community needs
- Client-focused mindset and want to get the best out of everyone
- Commitment to supporting research/ insights
- Comfortable with public education through developing blogs or being part of podcasts
- Commitment to self-development
How do I apply?
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV and cover letter to recruitment@Aspire4u.co.uk.
If you have any questions or would like to speak to one of the team, please contact recruitment@Aspire4u.co.uk.
What is the organisation?
Aspire4u is a Community Interest Company serving communities, young people, and organisations across the West Midlands. Our 3 pillars are mindset development, financial literacy, and employability. We help communities understand their minds, their money and gain skills to empower them to move forward and access opportunities. Aspire4u work on a variety of projects, including events, building digital resources, operational projects, creative projects, youth engagement, business development, training, and more.
We’re a great fit for those who like to think and don’t mind being different to others. We are a diverse team with over 10 nationalities and a range of ethnicities. We don’t fear mistakes but we’re obsessed with working hard, fresh thinking and getting positive results for the people that trust us.
What are the benefits of working with us?
By working with us, you will be exposed to a fast-paced not-for-profit working on a variety of impactful projects with a range of communities, organisations, and local authorities. We are a Kickstart provider and gateway organisation working closely with DWP to deliver the scheme. Our team members and partners enjoy knowing they are making a difference at the highest level of projects and interventions in our nation and region.
We are a small and passionate team enthusiastic about collaboration and hearing new perspectives. We care about personal development and will encourage you to think differently and expand your skill set.
The Mindset-Led Organisation
You can also click here to read more of our blogs.
We are a not-for-profit community engagement organisation. We use the arts to develop mindsets to improve well-being, foster financial literacy and give people employability skills.
So, get involved! You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss our current opportunities.
Finally, for more information, get in touch.